The popular lifestyle site to grow under new management
19th March 2018, Hong Kong: Nexus Digital, formally Angloinfo Asia, today acquired a majority stake and day to day management control of Localiiz.com, Hong Kong’s favourite resource for insight and information on making the most out of living in the city.
As part of the Nexus Media Group, Nexus Digital also owns and runs the expat series of sites My Life In, which include My Life in Hong Kong, My Life in Bangkok and My Life in Asia. Mr Tak Man, Managing Director of Nexus, will take additional responsibility as Managing Director of Localiiz.
“Localiiz provides great lifestyle features, news and resources for expats and English speaking locals. Over the last seven years it has built a huge following. As well as robust traffic to the site itself, Localiiz has over 76,000 loyal and engaged Facebook followers. What’s more, Localliiz operates the Expat Hong Kong Facebook group, which has more than 44,000 followers, the Localiiz Digest, a bi-monthly print publication and NecesCity, Hong Kong’s online magazine for men. We are excited to have acquired such well-known and well-loved platforms and are proud to have the responsibility of overseeing its next stage of growth,” says Managing Director Tak Man.
As an integral part of the Nexus Group, Localiiz will benefit from new investment, strong resident expertise and additional resources. The Localiiz team will, of course, continue to bring readers everything they already know and love. Additionally, with this renewed energy, there will be new content areas, new design and innovations, plus an expanded geographic ambition with Localiiz sites planned for other Asian markets.
The Localiiz team will shortly relocate to join their new colleagues at Nexus. The new address for Localiiz is 15/F Chao’s Building, 143-145 Bonham Strand East, Sheung Wan, HK.
Since its launch in 2012, Localiiz has become Hong Kong’s favourite online guide for insight and information on our vibrant city.
- Between Localiiz Hong Kong and Expat Hong Kong, the site has over 120,000 Facebook followers.
- com has 140,000 page views a month and over 25,000 email subscribers
- It also has over 12,000 Twitter followers and nearly 4,000 Instagram followers
- Over 2,000 businesses from around 200 business sectors have used its platforms to promote their products and services online
About Nexus Media
Nexus Media is a boutique media company that represents premium media titles and digital platforms.
- Led by Tak Man and Barrie Goodridge, former General Manager and CEO of Edipresse HK
- Owns and runs My Life In (formally Angloinfo Asia), including My Life in Hong Kong, My Life in Bangkok and My Life in Asia
- Represents over 30 titles including Conde Nast Traveller, National Geographic, British Airways, Air France, Peninsula, St Regis, Robb Report and New York Times
- Provides programmatic advertising, marketing and custom publishing
For more information please contact the Nexus team on:
Tak Man, Managing Director
Mat Gallagher, Director of Content
For questions on content or to submit press releases please contact the Localiiz team on:
Sophie Pettit, Editor-in-Chief
Jenny Leung, Editor
For advertising and marketing enquiries please contact:
Julie Magno, Business Development Manager